Insecticide Aerosol Market: Introduction
- Insecticide aerosols are sprays that contain active pesticides and other inert ingredients that kill insects
- Insecticide aerosols produce less waste than other insecticides, as they are metered and every spray is designed to deliver a specified amount of poison
- Insecticides in the form of aerosol are important for use in controlling of insects. Insecticide aerosol is a type of spray with very fine particles which remain suspended in the air for some time.
- Insecticide aerosol particles generally range from 0.5 to 40 microns in diameter
- Some insects, such as bedbugs, can become resistant to insecticide aerosols and a different treatment is required for such resistant insects.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Insecticide Aerosol market? Ask for the report brochure here
Contact Sprays Segment to Dominate Global Insecticide Aerosol market
- Several types of insecticide aerosols are available in the market, which are contact, residual, and IGR (insect growth regulator) sprays
- Contact sprays is the dominant segment of the global insecticide aerosol market. These sprays are highly effective when sprayed directly onto the target insect. Several contact sprays contain pyrethoid or other active ingredients composed of synthetic toxins that target the central nervous system of the insect.
Agriculture Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Based on application, the insecticide aerosol market can be segmented into household, airlines, green houses, agriculture, and others
- Agriculture is the dominant segment of the global insecticide aerosol market. The most important use of insecticide aerosol lies in the agriculture industry. In the agricultural sector, insecticide aerosols are used to ward off unwanted insects and improve the quality and quantity of the crop produced.
- Insecticide aerosols can control a variety of household insects, such as mosquitoes, flies, sand flies, fleas, and adult moths. These aerosols are widely used by international airlines to destroy disease-carrying insects that have accidentally entered the plane cabins. Insecticide aerosols are used to control a large number of insects in greenhouses.
Key Drivers of Global Insecticide Aerosol Market
- One of the major drivers of the global insecticide aerosol market is high demand from the agriculture industry. Increased focus of governments on improvement of the agriculture sector is leading to more funds diverted toward R&D activities aimed at the development of more effective products and reforms to reach out to a larger population of farmers in developing economies.
- Furthermore, the demand for food is increasing day by day and also crop losses due to insects are rising. The global population is also on the rise, which requires higher agricultural output. Thus, usage of insecticide aerosols becomes important so as to save crops from insects and, in turn, increase the crop productivity.
- All the above-mentioned factors drive the market for insecticide aerosols
Adverse Impact on the Human and Environment to Hamper the Market
- The use of insecticide aerosols helps in increasing the productivity of crops, but their chemical nature impacts the environment negatively. In order to increase the crop productivity, more and more insecticide aerosols are used, which causes a harmful impact on the human health. Moreover, insecticide aerosols seep deep into the ground, which causes adulteration of the groundwater system, thereby misbalancing the purity level of ground water.
- High chemical affects associated with the manufacture of insecticide aerosols are estimated to hamper the global insecticide aerosol market between 2019 and 2027
- Usage of insecticide aerosols increases food productivity, but depletes the nutritional value of food. Consumption of insecticide aerosols through food can cause health issues such as cancer, brain damage, birth defects, organ failure, and skin irritation. This is the key factor restraining the global insecticide aerosols market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Insecticide Aerosol Market here
Asia Pacific to Hold a Prominent Share of Global Insecticide Aerosol Market
- In terms of region, the global insecticide aerosol market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of production and consumption, Asia Pacific dominates the global insecticide aerosol market. Growth of the chemical industry is driving the market in Asia Pacific. China is a key market for insecticide aerosol. It is a major consumer of insecticide aerosols, due to growth of end-use industries in the country. Additionally, it is a key manufacturer of insecticide aerosols, followed by India.
- Asia Pacific has high plant diversity and a vast set of different climatic conditions across all countries. Presence of several agrarian economies, tropical climate, and large area of arable land in several countries in the region create high demand for insecticide aerosols in Asia Pacific.
- Europe also accounted for a considerable share of the global insecticide aerosol market in 2018. Middle East & Africa and Latin America are emerging markets for insecticide aerosols. The market in these regions is likely to expand at a substantial pace during the forecast period. The insecticide aerosol market in North America is rapidly expanding.
Key Players Operating in Global Insecticide Aerosol Market
New product launches, joint ventures, and expansions are key strategies adopted by major players operating in the insecticide aerosol market in various regions.
Some of the key players operating in the global insecticide aerosol market are:
- Asian Aerosol Group
- AMVAC Chemical Corporation
- Spray Products
- Winvo International Trading Company
- AKDENIZ DIS TICARET GIDA SAN. LTD. STI.
- Ecolab Inc.
- BASF SE
- FMC Australasia Pty Ltd.
- McLaughlin Gormley King Company
Global Insecticide Aerosol Market: Research Scope
Global Insecticide Aerosol Market, by Types
- IGR (Insect Growth Regulator)
Global Insecticide Aerosol Market, by Application
- Green Houses